Friday 18 October 2019

Idea's I'll never get round to making...

I wondered if I could make an army of Steam Tanks. Yes I could.


Inspiration is like lightning. It strikes and... um... hmm. Inspiration is like a morning without kids waking you up; welcome, unpredictable and not always something you can make the most of. Kind of like lightning.

The main thing is that sometimes I have great ideas good ideas alright ideas for AoS or 40k armies that I'll never get around to making. Rather than just letting them disappear into forgotten realms of the infinite mind I figured I'd list some here.


  1. Idoneth Skykin - I'm actually doing this one to be fair. Rather than mounting them on Eel and Shark friends my Elves are mounted on Eagle friends. It's pretty cool.
  2. Kharadron Underlords - If you have flying Elves then obviously you have submarine driving Dwarves in chunky diving suits. They search the seas for Mer-Gold and it's all very Jules Verne.
  3. Tzaangor Airship Pirates - Polly wants a craker. Polly wants ALL the crackers. Honestly this was mostly me getting stuck in the idea of airships.
  4. Freeguild Mole Machines - Like Steam tanks but they are mole machines. With Cities of Sigmar you can use the faction that lets you bring in flanking forces to have a couple of Mole Machines pop up.
  5. Ork Hussars - Impressive trimmed coats, big hats and cool trikes with loads of dakka on.
  6. Eldar Exodite Dune - They ride sandworms and that's about as far as I got with the idea.
  7. Girls Und Panzer - Angler Fish team in a Leman Russ.
  8. T'au cut off from supplies - I did I squad of them with bows and machetes as back up weapons and mostly helmets off as the batteries have run out. Would be amazing with jury rigged and barely functioning battlesuits.
  9. Rococo Admech - Lots of, just, like, too much, too much.
  10. Space Wolves riding Corgis